Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Morsels of Goodness: Chloe

This week's Morsel of Goodness . . . Chloe! Sweet Chloe was a shy and timid girl who came into Prescott Animal Control and immediately impressed UAF volunteers with her gentle personality. Soon, she won the heart of a wonderful local family; her new mom Deb says this about rescuing Chloe:

"My family and I had decided to adopt a 2nd dog. We had spent 6 weeks looking for a dog that would fit in with our menagerie of 2 rescue cats and a 14 year old Border Collie mix named Maia. It wasnt as easy as it sounds. The dogs we saw either snipped at or had energy levels to high for Maia, or werent cat friendly . Exhausted, our family had decided to discontinue our search for a few months. But before that decision, Katie had sent me a picture of a dog and I had already agreed to do an intro with Maia. The dog, a female heeler mix, was a stray that had been picked up in Ashfork at the end of May and taken in by Prescott Animal Control in early June. When I walked in she was the only dog in the kennels that wasnt barking, spinning or jumping. She was just sitting, shaking. She was extremely fearful and shy, but the introduction with Maia and I went well. Joellyn from UAF told me she probably wouldnt have done well at an adoption faire because she was so timid . I adopted her couple days later on July 8. It took her a couple weeks to settle in to our home, but she got along immediately with our dog Maia, my 8 yr old daughter, and even the cats! They love her! She is still pretty timid - Im sure it will take months to come out of her shell, but every day she takes baby steps. We named her ChloƩ, which in Greek means "blooming". She's a very sweet, loving dog and the perfect addition to our family. Thanks to Katie and Joellyn for assisting me in adopting ChloƩ. Also thanks to Prescott Animal Control who put up with me looking at dogs for 6 weeks before finding her. It really is true........ sometimes the right dog does find you!"
Thanks for saving this sweet girl, Deb!

No comments:

Post a Comment